Customs seized over 170 kg of cannabis buds and “ice” drug worth HK$70 million at a cargo examination compound and the airport within two weeks, leading to the arrest of three suspects, including a 16-year-old teenager.
- Customs seized over 170 kg of cannabis buds and “ice” drug worth HK$70 million at a cargo examination compound and the airport within two weeks
- Three suspects were arrested, including a 16-year-old teenager
- The seaborne consignment was declared as containing oats from Canada
- Officers seized about 110 kg of suspected cannabis buds worth about HK$22.5 million inside a batch of oat packaging boxes
- After a follow-up investigation, a jobless 16-year-old teenager and a 34-year-old male truck driver were arrested. The young man was responsible for collecting the drugs, according to customs
- Another air cargo consignment declared as carrying solar panels from Mexico contained 63 kg of methamphetamine, worth about HK$47 million
- The drug was concealed in two sets of solar panels